37 Carrick Street
Tel: 0845 094 8025
Certass Limited is a UKAS accredited certification body. Certass operates several Certification schemes. Government licensed schemes include:
- DCLG Competent Person scheme for Building Regulations
- PAS2030 scheme for energy efficient measures
- TrustMark scheme operator
Certass created schemes include:
- CQ-Assured – a consumer protection scheme checking workmanship against industry standards
- Thermal Rating Register – certifying the thermal performance of windows and doors for Building Regulations
Certass, is a Competent Person Scheme covering the installation of replacement windows, doors and associated glazing products in domestic properties, and is licensed by the Department for Communities and Local Government.
Certass was established in 2006 and is dedicated to raising standards in the glazing industry. Membership of Certass enables contractors to self-certify installations as an alternative to submitting a building notice or using a local authority approved inspector.
In simple terms, this means that Certass financially and technically assesses its members to ensure they meet current UK building regulations. Once an installation is complete, Certass notifies the local authority and the Building Regulation Compliance Certificate is issued to the homeowner.