Since November 2010 DECC has published quarterly updates on the number of homes in Great Britain with cavity wall, loft and solid wall Insulation.
These are all key energy efficiency measures that can save energy in many domestic properties and estimates are based on a variety of sources.
Figures for home insulation levels in Great Britain in January 2012 are said to be:
- There are 26.7 million homes in Great Britain. Of these 23.3 million have lofts, 18.9 million have cavity walls with the remaining 7.8 million having solid walls.
- Through Government schemes since April 2008 (the start of CERT), there have been 3.8 million lofts insulated, 2.0 million cavity walls insulated and 58,000 solid walls insulated.
- Compared with October 2011, 370,000 more properties had loft insulation, 160,000 more had cavity wall insulation and 6,000 more had solid wall insulation.
- 14.1 million homes had loft insulation of at least 125mm (60 per cent of homes with lofts).
- 11.2 million homes had cavity wall insulation (59 per cent of homes with cavity walls)
- 122,000 homes had solid wall insulation (2 per cent of homes with solid walls).